Are you going camping and you just want to travel light? Have no room for
extra gear or bag but you still want to have a great time? Or are you simply
worried about camping on the ground with creeping insects and animals as your
neighbors? Well, there is no need to fret. Rooftop tents are great alternative
to regular camp tents.
Whether it's the Best HardShell Rooftop Tents, placed in an enclosure that is
made of tougher material than the tent, usually fiberglass, plastic or even
aluminum, or Soft-Shell Rooftop Tents, covered with a waterproof material
(like nylon or canvas) and attached to hinges, you just can't go wrong with
Why Rooftop Tents are Great
Well, there are certain benefits that rooftop tents offer compared to the more
conventional type of tents, and these include:
- Durability and Comfort: Rooftop tents (both soft shell and hard shell)
are more durable than the conventional tents as they are usually
enclosed in a cover which could be either soft (nylon) or hard (plastic).
Most rooftop tents come with an inbuilt mattress (called an integrated
mattress) which makes them comfortable and easy to use.
- Mobility and Space: Rooftop tents can be carried easily from place to
place; making them an excellent choice for various kinds of use, even
surfing. Rooftop tents are usually affixed to the roof of the vehicle,
creating space in the vehicle for other items needed for your trip.
Let us now see the best Rooftop Tents for your vehicle that you can find out
Best Rooftop Tents for Your Vehicle
- iKamper Skycamp 2.0 Rooftop Tent
The iKamper Skycamp is a hard-shell rooftop tent that has a floor area of 43.2
square feet and a peak height of 45 inches. It weighs 160 lbs. and was built
with a capacity of 4 people. The first Skycamp was produced in 2017, and the
Skycamp 2.0 is an upgraded version with a thicker, king-size mattress and
improved ladder rungs for access.
- This product is extremely easy to set up; as fast as 1 minute.
- The hard-shell of this tent can allow you carry extra gear without
- The product is made of premium materials for durability.
- It is very roomy.
- It is quite pricey.
- The iKamper Skycamp 2.0 is not a great choice for lone travelers, as it
has a king-size bed.
- Thule Tepui Explorer Kukenam 3 Tent
The Tepui Explorer Kukenam 3 tent is a soft-shell tent made for 3 people and
can size up to 4 people with a floor area of 37.3 square feet and a peak height
of 52 inches. It also has a general weight of 131 lbs. The fabric of the tent is
made of denier fabric that is resistant to mold and ultraviolet light, as well as
strong winds. So, you don't have to worry about damage as a result of stubborn
winds in the woods.
- The Tepui Explorer Kukenam tent is quite affordable.
- The materials used in making this tent are exceptionally durable.
- Enough room for campers.
- This product can withstand extreme weather.
- Longevity depends on use.
- Roofnest Falcon
If you need a rooftop tent that is slim and has a great performance, then this is
your top pick! This hard-shell rooftop tent can accommodate a rack and other
external gear needed for your trip. The tent has a floor area of 29.3 square
feet, a peak height of 60 inches and an overall weight of 140 lbs. This tent has
a capacity of 2 people, or more if your camping partners are not as heavy.
- The shape of this product is aerodynamic and allows you take extra gear
on your trip.
- For an aerodynamic tent, the quality of this product is great!
- It is extremely easy to install
- Pop up time is just about three seconds.
- The product is expensive.
- Cascadia Vehicle Tents Mt. Denali Summit
This roomy product is a soft-shell tent made to accommodate up to 4 people
with a floor area of 58 square feet and a peak height of 50 inches. It weighs
247 lbs. and is perfect for families. The materials used in making this product
are exceptionally durable. But this is just one factor to consider, as there are
several other advantages of this product.
- The interior of this product is wide and roomy.
- It has a divider for privacy and separate entrances.
- This product also comes with accessories such as LED Lights, in-built USB
Charging Ports, and an insulated flooring.
- Quite durable and sturdy.
- This product is quite heavy, so you will need to use an SUV or a truck for
Things to look out for when buying a Rooftop Tent
Before you go ahead with that purchase, there are some things you need to
know that will help you make the right choice. These include.
- Weight and Compatibility: All vehicles have a rooftop specification that
is listed by the manufacturer. If you get a rooftop tent that is beyond
your rooftop limit, it can affect your car’s balance and even affect your
fuel. Also, you need to get a rooftop rack that is compatible with your
car. Lastly, make sure that the tent fits the rack.
- Capacity: Tents come in different designs and capacities, ranging from
those that can accommodate two persons to those that can house as
many as six people. So, your purchase should also depend on how many
people will be using the tent. Many tent manufacturers specify the
capacity of the tent. Some rooftop tents, especially the hard-shell kind
also have extra space in them for gears like bikes and fishing equipment,
making it easier to stash up some fun gear without worrying about space.
- Cost: Cost is always a factor, especially you're not a Gates, Warren, or
Rockefeller. As much as you should go for quality, you shouldn't break
the bank to buy a rooftop tent. There are quite affordable brands out
there that will give you real value for your money.
These four Rooftop tents are just the best deals you can get. You can rest
assured that whichever product you choose, you will be making a good choice
that will give you value for money and an overall pleasant experience!